The National Historical Museum Shop, open since the 1990s, is located in the Old Parliament Building at Kolokotronis Square. All the objects in the Shop are either copies of original relics of the museum or inspired by them, as its main purpose is to acquaint the public with modern Greek history and folklore.
In this context, the Museum Shop has a rich collection of jewelry, accessories, home and office decor, medals, souvenirs, handmade lead toy soldiers, toys and school supplies. In addition, the collection includes posters of heroes of the Greek War of Independence, popular prints published on the occasion of important historical events (e.g., the Balkan Wars), cards and prints of paintings on canvas. Furthermore, during the Christmas and Easter holiday periods, the Museum Shop presents limited edition seasonal gifts, such as new-year-charms, decorations, Easter candles with special symbolism (protection, well-being, good luck, prosperity, etc.).
An important part of the Shop are the publications of the Historical and Ethnological Society of Greece-National Historical Museum, an activity which the Society had started since the very first years of its establishment (1882). The publications are enriched every year with important works, such as albums, studies on painting, folklore, architecture and history, archival publications, educational files for students, exhibition guides, calendars, etc.